The communications sector is currently experiencing a period of intensive change coupled with technological innovation. A highly competitive marketplace puts enormous pressure on operators and service providers, who constantly have to expand their services while improving the development work and reducing maintenance costs. The enormous pricing pressure leads to intensive efforts to reduce costs, e.g. by (partially) outsourcing network operation or focusing on the actual core business. There is an increasing need for collaboration with partners and suppliers supported by technology.
S&T offers consultation and support to telecommunications providers in realigning their business processes and to rapidly develop and modify not just services, but also the related business processes and operational support systems.
S&T’s expertise in the telecommunications and datacom industry covers consultation, the design and development as well as the implementation and integration of industry leading tele- and datacom products. The Telecom Business Solution team
at S&T has vast experience with different development platforms (standard/proprietary operating systems, real-time operating systems), using a variety of architectures and embedded systems.
S&T provides fixed line and mobile suppliers, established companies or new entrants to the market with consulting services, project management, system integration and operational support, together with a comprehensive portfolio of first-rate products and solutions.
These services include solutions such as:
- Cellular network planning, optimization, configuration and performance management
- Business and service assurance solutions - ideally suited for managing large, complex IT environments
- Inventory – OSS solutions based on intelligent, active inventory databases
- Fraud management, revenue protection and assurance solutions for wire line, wireless and next generation networks
- CDR lifecycle management – CDR collection, back-end archiving for regulatory compliance
- Customer assurance – customer service, data warehousing, intelligence support systems
- Network Management – OSSs; network provisioning, management, monitoring
- Managed services – data transfers/transports, business continuity/disaster recovery, PC/server backup, e-mail archiving
- Technical infrastructure such as servers, storage systems and state of the art security solutions
- Document management, business intelligence solutions and business process outsourcing
Selected references in the telecommunications sector
Serbia BroadBand (SBB)