The financial services sector in Central and Eastern Europe faces change as the only constant in this continually evolving market. For this reason it is vital that banks and insurance companies can rely on flexible and efficient IT systems and infrastructures. Amid the realities of fast growth, limited budgets, and regulatory requirements like Basel II, operating in the financial markets in emerging Europe is not without challenges.
This situation, coupled above all with a level of security concerns never experienced before put an enormous pressure on the financial institutions and their IT environments. Insurance companies are battling with dwindling customer loyalty, loss events of magnitudes that are difficult to calculate and high cost pressure.
S&T provides all kinds of financial institutions with:
- Comprehensive consultation from strategy and processes to system implementation
- Project management
- Software development
- Systems integration and operational support
- An extensive portfolio of outstanding products and solutions
- Customer management
- Process & IT management
- Business networking & sourcing
- Community management
- Operational services
- Programme management
- Project portfolio management
- Market analysis
- Quality audits
- Integral change management
- Training & coaching
The S&T business model enables the company to live up to its claim to be a “one stop IT partner”. On the basis of proven consultation methods and solid infrastructure services ranging from technical infrastructure such as servers, storage systems, networks and state-of-the-art security solutions to managed services such as outsourcing and network management, S&T supplies its customers with specialist expertise and know-how.
Strategic issues in the financial services sector
S&T has identified the following issues as the most challenging and immediate in the area of the financial services IT business:
- Basel II will bring significant changes to the financial services sector. Financial institutions affected by this Accord will need to make the required systems and process changes with appropriate speed.
What S&T can do for you: Consulting, solutions and tools for credit risk management, operational risk management, reporting, accounting services, financial systems design and implementation, and the corresponding training.
- Anti money laundering: Financial institutions must take an active stance against money laundering in order to comply with government legislation and international agreements.
What S&T can do for you: Solutions and tools for forensic services, fraud investigations, audits, compliance review, review of control systems and the corresponding training.
- Financial intelligence: The financial sector in CEE has experienced enormous growth and is still growing fast. Now it is time to make the decisions that will ensure long-term profitability. For that, information is needed: whose operations are efficient and whose are not, which branch locations are redundant, and where are the profits?
What S&T can do for you: Solutions and tools for reporting, enterprise planning, score carding and business intelligence.
- Sales force automation: The rapid development of the customer market for financial products challenges the IT infrastructure, technology and equipment used by sales reps and sales managers in the financial sector. This applies especially to software tools and corporate solutions.
What S&T can do for you: Solutions and tools for fast, easy access online, offline, or via mobile devices; solutions for integration with back office and legacy systems and for opportunity management and forecasting.
Selected financial services references
National Bank of Serbia
Postal Saving Bank
National Bank of Greece
Delta Generali insurance
Diners Club International